Rubidium’s Hands-Free Voice User Interface (VUI) for CSR’s BlueCore5™ and CSR8670 Bluetooth® Chips
Rich Development Package includes Sample Source Code, Easy to Use API and Documentation and Provides for Seamless Integration and Fast Development Cycle
Rubidium Ltd, a long standing CSR “eXtension Partner” and a Bluetooth SIG member, has packaged its industry proven multi-lingual hands-free Voice User Interface (VUI) into a self-contained software package for integration into Bluetooth applications based on CSR’s Bluecore 5™ and CSR8670® chips. Rubidium’s Bluetooth VUI package includes: Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Text-to-Speech (TTS), Voice Trigger (VT), Beam Former (BMFR) and Compressed Speech Playback (CSP) technology.
Rubidium’s hands-free VUI provides Bluetooth device vendors with a cost effective, easy to integrate and field proven solution. The package is integrated into CSR’s development environment, offering seamless integration into virtually any Bluetooth-enabled application without additional hardware or BOM items.
A simple-to-use and comprehensively documented API provides in-depth access into tuning parameters, but it can also be used out-of-the-box with default values. In addition, the package also includes reference source code of a “sample application” that demonstrates how it is used and integrated. This follows Rubidium’s policy of offering its customers dedicated, hand-in-hand support throughout the implementation process.
The technology is offered in two suites, depending whether the application should only support speech output or both speech recognition and playback
|Best for products supporting voice output only||Best for products supporting voice commands and voice output|
Some of the key functionality includes:
- Out of the box recognition for any speaker and any accent- just talk and it works
- Natural sounding compressed speech output supporting wideband 16kHz pre-recorded prompts
- Concatenated TTS technology based on real human speech announces any name and number, acronyms and abbreviations
- Voice Trigger for continuously listening and low-power, fully hands-free activation
- Available in a variety of languages and accents (US English, UK English, European and Latin Spanish, German, French, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, and others TBA)
- Fast delivery of any customer requested language or custom voice
- State of the art noise robustness maintains high recognition performance in harsh conditions
- Patent-pending Barge-in functionality allows the user to start speaking while an announcement is playing
- Advanced proprietary Beam-former algorithm (BMFR) provides dual microphone noise suppression and improved ASR performance in noisy environment
- Very small footprint, low-resource usage
- Voice “personalities” (grumpy, happy, sexy, etc.) and celebrity voices (cartoon characters, movie stars, etc.) available for unique sound and product differentiation.
Speech Recognition (ASR)
Reliably controls a large array of functions through voice commands, including call acceptance and rejection, pairing, voice dialing, battery status, music control and music selection.
- Can switch vocabularies in real time to follow the dialog’s state
- Adjustable recognition sensitivity and recognition timeout
- Noise robustness to provide best recognition performance in a variety of operating conditions such as – car, office and other noisy environments
- Integral beam-former supports dual microphone input for improved noise suppression
- Zero latency – results provided immediately when the user stops speaking
Announces any name and number in any language with natural and human-sounding wideband voice:
- Announces names and numbers without programming or recording
- Adjustable volume, intonation depth and pitch
- Selection of multiple languages, accents and voices
- Large dictionary ensures correct pronunciation for optimal accuracy
- Support of acronyms, abbreviations, etc.
Voice Trigger (VT)
“Magic Phrase” Provides Hands Free Triggering
- Integral Voice Trigger mode allows wake up of the product when the user speaks the “magic phrase”
- Completely hands-free user experience for ultimate user comfort and safety
- Optimized resource consumption allows continuous listening with minimal battery drain
- Accurate algorithm minimizes mis-alarms and false alarms
Compressed Speech Playback (CSP)
High-quality pre-recorded speech prompts can be used to play pairing instructions, connection status, remaining battery time and other information.
- Wideband voice for highly intelligible and crystal-clear voice quality
- Any requirements of pre-recorded voice prompts can be supported to match any set of languages, announcements and voices (even several languages and voices in a single product!)
- Resource-effective due to highly-compressed low-bit-rate coding
- Number of prompts in a single product is virtually unlimited
- A large set of prompts is already available in many languages
- Rubidium provides recording services to support customer requests for unique prompts and voice talents, including tailor made voice personalities